Zach Baker put it perfectly: "Dude lives on through the thousands of rippers he paved the way for. RIP to an East Coast original." RIP Matt Reason.
Auby Taylor has a loose style and his skating isn't exactly clean, which is exactly what I want to see. His new Auby's World part is incredible.
"Chocolate.. It's almost what James Brown is to soul music. It's more style and flamboyant. Dudes are just raw." Devine Calloway gives us a cool analogy in the new Epicly Later'd, which focuses on the last 20 years of Chocolate. Chico Brenes also has a very interesting life story.
Horny is rad.
Russian Bob's new website, RUN SKATE FILM, will be a home to New York based videos. New York Hella Clips?
Transworld's Outliers premiered this week. Here are some quick thoughts:
- Riley Hawk has a rad part with wild trick selection is cool ditches, but I am not feeling the Lakai loafer/dad jeans light denim combo.
- Marius is growing on me, and I might be stoked on more than just the craziest hill bomb ever from him. He does the raddest nollie BS flip over a bump to bar.
- It kind of seems like a parody of itself to have a heelflip as Neen's ender...
- Lee Yankou skates really fast and is sketchy in a good way.
- You just can't fuck with Zered. Switch wheelie wall ride out, switch big spin backtail at Flushing, and this.
- Brad Cromer and Riley Hawk have opposite legs. Rileys knees go in, Brads go out. Huf says Cromer has 'so much style and pop' in the intro to his part, which is the best compliment ever coming from that dude. He does a wallride nollie flip that is particularly pimp. He also skates to Modest Mouse. #TBTransworld.